Summer Flowering Bulbs and Tubers
- -5%Anemone Blanda MixSku: 110070025 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$2.80
- -5%Anemone Blue ShadesSku: 110070215 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$2.80
- -5%Eremurus (Bungei) StenophyllusSku: 11027001 root in pkgOut of stock$2.80
- -5%Ranunculus Aviv Picotee caféSku: 100029615 bulbs/roots in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone GovernorSku: 110070415 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone HollandiaSku: 110070515 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone Lord LieutenantSku: 110070615 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone Mr. FokkerSku: 110070815 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone The AdmiralSku: 110071115 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -5%Anemone The BrideSku: 110071215 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.28
- -25%Ranunculus Aviv MixSku: 110550015 bulbs/roots in pkgOut of stock$3.34
- -25%Anemone De Caen MixSku: 110070325 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.71
- -25%Anemone St.Brigid MixSku: 110070925 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.71
- -5%Anemone Mount EverestSku: 110070715 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.75
- -5%Anemone SylphideSku: 110071015 bulbs in pkgOut of stock$3.75
- -5%Eremurus CleopatraSku: 11027011 root in pkgOut of stock$3.75
- -5%Eremurus PinokkioSku: 11027021 root in pkgOut of stock$3.75
- -5%Canna WilmaSku: 10020271 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$3.75
- -5%Eremurus Ruiter MixSku: 11027042 roots in pkgOut of stock$5.65
- -5%Eremurus Shelford MixSku: 11027052 roots in pkgOut of stock$5.65
- -25%Gladiolus callianthus MurielaeSku: 100400410 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) Blanche de MeruSku: 10001751 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) DéfianceSku: 10001771 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) HollywoodSku: 10001791 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) Kaiser FriedrichSku: 10001801 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) Kaiser WilhelmSku: 10001811 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) Mont BlancSku: 10001821 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Gloxinia (Sinningia) Tigre blauwSku: 10001841 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Mirabilis JalapaSku: 10002475 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Babiana strictaSku: 100004710 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -25%Crocosmia Small Flowering MixturrSku: 120589910 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.21
- -5%Galtonia candicansSku: 10001611 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.33
- -5%Hymenocallis (Peruvian daffodil) ZwanenburgSku: 10002001 bulb in pkgOut of stock$2.33
- -25%Tigridia MixedSku: 100034715 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.59
- -25%Achimenes MixedSku: 100000610 bulbs/corms in pkgOut of stock$2.59
- -5%Eucomis autumnalisSku: 10001391 bulb/corm in pkgOut of stock$2.80
Summer Flowering Bulbs for Sale Online | Dutch Bulbs
Buy summer flowering bulbs from Dutch Bulbs across our vast range of quality bulbs that bloom all summer for a stunning rainbow of colors and flower forms.
Summer Flowering Bulbs
Nothing brightens up summer than a beautiful garden display of fresh bulbs with tasteful hanging baskets. Summer bulb flowers are a great way to add up detail to your garden. At Dutch Bulbs, you get a chance to enjoy a wide assortment of summer flowering bulbs ranging from Asiatic Lily, Begonia, Caladium, Calla Lily, and Canna Lily among many other types.
A quick analysis of most summer bulbs will have you notice that they have a tropical origin and henceforth thrive in warmer conditions. Gardeners need to have an understanding of this information for them to rear healthy plants.
Various methods exist on how each aspiring gardener can plant their summer-blooming bulbs: it could be in beds, containers, pots, or hanging baskets. At our store, we offer a variety of summer flowering bulbs for sale.
The Best Summer-Blooming Bulbs and How to Choose
If you find it a very hard task to choose which summer plants to choose for your garden, then here is some inspiration that can work a great deal to make sure that your garden stands out among many.
If it looks a little bit tough, then right below is a simplified guide to summer flower bulbs.
It can also be termed ornamental onions. They are very attractive flowers that come in different ranges and colors from blue, purple white, and yellow. They provide a very stunning exterior guise and can also be trimmed nicely into banquettes and kept inside.
They provide a spectacular color during summer and are always a garden must-have flower. They are Mexican and Central American natives. They come in different colors and sizes hence it is very possible to blend colors in your garden.
- Oriental lilies
These flowers thrive in summer and their fragrance is on another level ushering in the season softly. They are most known and liked by many and are always presented in bouquets. When you receive lilies in your bouquet, you always make a statement.
Where to Plant Summer Flowering Bulbs
Summer flowers are supposed to bloom and bring color during the summer, however, the big question is, when should you plant them?
Summer bulb flowers are planted during spring when the soil and temperatures are getting warmer. Garden flower bulbs originate from warm climates and therefore need a minimum temperature of about 13 degrees to start germinating.
If you are having a hard time remembering when you should plant your garden bulbs, do it at the same time you plant your tomatoes outside.
Where to Plant My Bulb Flowering Plants
To increase the chances of survival of your summer perennial bulbs, plant them almost immediately after being plucked. Extending time might turn out to be very harmful and affect the growth of your buds. Some of the places one can plant their bulbs include:
Most flowering bulbs are tolerant with this type of method, but it is greatly suitable for those flowery and large plants including lilies, tulips, and alliums among many others. For better results, planting in containers highly depends on the time the buds are going to spend in the container. Bulbs that are going to only last for a season require 3 parts of multipurpose compost and one part of grit. For those that are going to last for many seasons, use 3 parts of John Innes and 2 parts of compost with one portion of grit.
- Planting in borders
When you decide that you are going to plant in borders, aim at planting a variety of bulbs to bring out that gorgeous exterior look. Prepare a wide and deep hole which should be at least three times the depth of the seed. The intervals also should be at least the size of the bud. This way, your plants have a surety of sprouting.
Which Summer Perennial Bulbs Do Best in Pots?
When considering planting them in pots, see to it that it has enough holes, raise the pot, and ensure that the bottom is open or cracked. All these are to increase drainage in the plant. Perennial bulbs that bloom all summer and do well in pots include tulips, burrs purple, golden bells, grape hyacinths, snowdrops, and Edwards among many.
When to Plant Summer Bulbs That Bloom All Summer
Perennial bulbs that bloom in summer thrive during warm conditions. If you live in one of those areas where the soil freezes, then it is advisable to put a hold on your planting prospects until the climatic conditions prove favorable. The tight time to put your summer bulbs to the ground is when the soil has warmed up to 50 F. Following a calendar may turn out unworkable as seasons may fluctuate differently and tamper with the pattern of the seasons. It is for this reason that this mode is preferred.
How to Grow Summer Flowering Bulbs: Care and Upkeep
Conduct a regular watering of the bulbs but ensure that you make it at intervals to avoid the ground to soak. Weeding should be done regularly to keep the plants weed-free. Supplementary fertilizer is mandatory for better results.
How can I store summer flowering bulbs over winter?
Let them dry, then store them in a cool and dry place with temperatures ranging between 45-50 degrees F.
How can I improve the quality of my soil?
The quality of the soil can be improved by adding compost, shredded leaves, or other organic matter. This ensures that the ground remains highly nutritious with elements that can boost the growth of these buds.
Is planting bulbs in pots advisable?
Yes, it is highly advisable. The only thing you have to do is to adhere to precautions. Make sure that the drainage system in the entire plant is intact. You can achieve this by raising the plant, draining holes, and ensuring that the bottom part is cracked a little bit.
When can I plant summer bulbs?
The perfect stretch to start embedding your summer bulb is typically around mid-March when the weather is a bit warmer. With a little onward preparation, superb displays can effortlessly be formed.
What are the good bulb planting depths?
Different plants have different methods that can be used. But the general guideline that can be adopted while planting bulbs is that the depth should be three times the length of the bulb.
When do summer bulbs flower?
Different flowers display different characteristics and as a result, flowering highly depends on the particular flower. But generally, they will start flowering across the summer period.
Frequently asked questions about Spring Flowering Summer Flowering Bulbs and Tubers
Where Is the Best Place to Plant Summer Flowering Bulbs?
Can I Plant Bulbs in the Summer?
What Month Do You Plant Summer Bulbs?
What Kind of Summer Flowering Bulbs Are Popular?
If you want your garden not to look off when the flowers are gracing other gardeners during the season, you need to opt for the most popular summer flowering bulbs. You can choose from the following list;